Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
A wholesome and hearty meal that your kids will look forward to for dinner and even lunch the next day.
Prep Time: 60 Mins
Shelf Life: 5 Days
1 Cup of Fresh Corn
3 Celery Sticks
1 Parsnip (or 1/4 pumpkin)
5 Potato (sweet potato will work too)
1 Cup Green Lentils
300 mL Veggie Stock
2 Sprig Thyme
2 Sprig Rosemary
150mL Red Wine (optional)
1. Dice all veggies and place in a hot pan to soften.
2. Boil potato/sweet potato and in a separate pot, boil the lentils
3. In the pan add the herbs, stock and red wine, allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Drain and mash up the potatoes.
5. Transfer the veggies from the pan into an oven safe dish. Pour lentils over the top and mix well.
6. Layer the mashed potato over the top and cook in the oven for a further 15 minutes.
Zucchini – A great source of manganese which regulates blood glucose levels.
Potato – High in resistant starch for healthy gut bacteria.
Carrot – Contains vitamin A which is vital for eye health and immune function.
SYBILLA LEVENSTON | NUTRITIONIST